Since 1987, Wolverine Human Service (WHS) has been the leader in providing services to the children and families of Michigan. Its mission? To provide safety, sustenance, nurturing and therapeutic interventions for children — and to do so in ways that overcome traditional social and economic barriers.
Within an hour of being identified for foster eligibility, an at-risk youth needs to be placed with a family. As a result, record-keeping must be as real-time as possible. When WHS looked at its mediums for data entry — paper, fax and email — it found an opportunity to even better serve at-risk youth in the community.
The disparate data mediums:
- Impeded visibility across departments on case data
- Did not fully support the needs of keeping complex documentation; coordinating licenses, certifications and caretaker records; and providing data visibility into important metrics such as the success of fundraising campaigns
- Did not lend themselves to ultimate productivity, as manual data entry meant sometimes entering the same data into more than one place
As it always does, WHS prioritized the youth it serves and took action immediately to modernize record-keeping.
WHS worked with Torrent Consulting to:
- Pull disparate systems onto a single Cloud-based platform – Salesforce Service Cloud – so that everything from client & caretaker records to data reports could be found with ease
- Install a customized Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack for tracking important data related to fundraising campaigns
- Implement Conga, a Salesforce partner solution, to centralize and simplify form and document generation
Torrent specifically has literally changed the way we do business. Our work together has revolutionized the way our state executes the back-end of the child welfare and juvenile justice system.
Vice President of Strategic Development
Wolverine Human Services
“Before signing on, we spent 2 years with an ‘industry-leading’ software — with Torrent, we were able to achieve what we did in those 2 years in less than a month. We had people crying in the first demo of Salesforce. Because they for the first time saw that they didn’t have to worry about the paperwork – they could focus on therapy for the children.” – Matt Wollack
Marc rapidly went from what he called a “keyboard swapper,” to a managerial level role on the admin team.
WHS built what had taken them 2 years with the previous technology in less than 1 month
WHS gained the ability to pull critical reports that used to take 3-4 days in 10 minutes
Want to learn more? Take 3 minutes to watch this video: