The value of Salesforce is directly related to the value of the data contained within it. If you’re constantly opening other platforms and spreadsheets to check important numbers, you aren’t using Salesforce to its full potential. Not only are you wasting time, but you’re also foregoing a full 360 view of your leads, opportunities and customers (not to mention the health of your business).
Thankfully, Salesforce allows for integrations of all kinds, including fully custom ones. With the right developer, you can connect your org to most any platform.
But what about a simpler way to transfer your external data into Salesforce? Custom integrations are a great option for some, but overkill for others. If you’re looking for an easier data transfer solution — one that won’t leave you feeling overwhelmed and frustrated — check out these tools.
Data transfer tip #1: Use dataloader.io to import your CSVs.
dataloader.io is a free application on the Salesforce AppExchange that gives you the power to transfer data with ease. Let’s say you need to regularly upload batches of contact data via CSV files. Using dataloader.io, you can:
- Log in using your regular Salesforce credentials.
- Set up a connection using a simple, user-friendly interface. Just choose the right Salesforce instance, operation (you’ll want to pick “upsert”) and the object you want to create (in this example, contact).
- Choose the CSV file to upload, wherever it’s stored: hard drive, server or file storage service (Box or Dropbox).
- Schedule dataloader.io to run this task on a recurring basis, however frequently you need.
dataloader.io is smart enough not to create duplicate records, but it will update existing records if there’s new information contained in your CSV (like a phone number). And every time your upsert task runs, you’ll receive a confirmation email.
Data transfer tip #2: Use Scribe to create easy application integrations.
If you’ve got crucial data stored in an application outside Salesforce (versus a static CSV file), you’ll want an easy way to connect the two. Scribe is a cloud integration platform that lets you do just that. If you want to transfer data by linking Salesforce with your ERP or marketing automation platform, for instance, Scribe enables you to:
- Create an integration flow using a simple, visual interface. Just drag and drop the right blocks and assign the right objects or fields to build a connection with your desired functionality.
- Set up match criteria to avoid duplicate data.
- Schedule how often you’d like a particular data transfer to run.
Scribe offers connectors to dozens of different applications and platforms, meaning the odds are good that you’ll be able to transfer your data with ease.
Want to learn more about integrations?
The tools mentioned above are great ways to get valuable data into your Salesforce org. As your business grows, however, you may find yourself in need of a deeper integration knowledge. If so, check out our on-demand webinar, “How to Handle Your Next Salesforce Integration Like an Expert,” or the eBook below.