What does a technical role at Torrent look like?
Why Work at Torrent?
At Torrent, we believe in loving and serving through business, and that starts with our people — so we’ve built a culture where they come first. Where we don’t expect anyone to draw a hard line between who they are at work and who they are at home. Where we encourage everyone to be their true, authentic selves.
Working in one of our five energizing hubs means you’ll be part of a close-knit team that genuinely cares about your well-being and success. Here, you’ll find flexibility, openness and support. You’ll feel the value of face-to-face conversations (even if that means video chatting from 3,000 miles away). You’ll get help from other talented problem solvers to arrive at the right solution. And you’ll even have the chance to work with our well-being coach to discover and develop your own personal “why.”
As a group of impact-driven business leaders, we’re passionate about creating positive change within the lives of our customers and communities — and we know that starts with empowering our own team to thrive.
Are you an expert in the technical aspects of the Salesforce platform? Does your world revolve around Apex, Visualforce, APIs, integrations, etc.? We’re looking for a highly skilled and experienced Technical Architect to join our growing Salesforce consulting practice. Day to day, the role will involve leading technical discovery sessions, documenting technical requirements, and meeting regularly with developers to review code. You’ll also use your expertise to help our sales and delivery teams create accurate project scopes.
- Effectively lead technical discovery sessions and document technical requirements
- Create and clearly document system and architecture design
- Document user stories and technical acceptance criteria that leads to client acceptance of build
- Development Lead
- Break down technical work into discrete assignments for project team members and manage work assignments through completion
- Assist developers in project solution execution, review code, and provide feedback on best practices (Lightning Component applications and Visualforce)
- Execute integrations using various integration tools and techniques (SOAP/REST, outbound messaging, Apex callouts, Apex web services, Canvas, Lightning Connect, Integration Platform as a Service, etc.)
- Make recommendations on appropriate middleware tools
Sales & Service Support
- Technical Sales Support
- Scoping & Resource Allocation Planning for Technical Components
- Technical Team Member Coaching and Professional Development Support
10 years of experience in information technology with a minimum of 5 years Salesforce experience.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Capable of breaking down technical work into discrete assignments for project team members.
- Versatile in both functional and technical aspects of Salesforce.
- Experience leading a team.
Four year college degree in a technical field of study.
- Ann Arbor, MI – Charlotte, NC – Kansas City, MO or Washington, DC preferred.
- Travel: <10%