What does a technical role at Torrent look like?
Why Work at Torrent?
At Torrent, we believe in loving and serving through business, and that starts with our people — so we’ve built a culture where they come first. Where we don’t expect anyone to draw a hard line between who they are at work and who they are at home. Where we encourage everyone to be their true, authentic selves.
Working in one of our five energizing hubs means you’ll be part of a close-knit team that genuinely cares about your well-being and success. Here, you’ll find flexibility, openness and support. You’ll feel the value of face-to-face conversations (even if that means video chatting from 3,000 miles away). You’ll get help from other talented problem solvers to arrive at the right solution. And you’ll even have the chance to work with our well-being coach to discover and develop your own personal “why.”
As a group of impact-driven business leaders, we’re passionate about creating positive change within the lives of our customers and communities — and we know that starts with empowering our own team to thrive.
As a Salesforce Developer, you will be part of a team responsible for delivering technical solutions within and around the Salesforce platform to clients. In this role, you will work to automate and optimize business solutions in a scalable manner. Your responsibilities will include Salesforce development and configuration, working with middleware tools, testing, training, technical documentation, and post-deployment support. As a Salesforce Developer, you will work alongside other Delivery team members to design, develop, and deploy solutions all while learning and growing your skillset.
- Customizing Salesforce logic using Apex code
- Developing Aura and Lightning Web Components
- Building test classes using mock data
- Developing custom integrations with applications outside of Salesforce
- Executing solutions using various middleware tools
- Building flows and triggers
- Implementing Salesforce configuration as per design documentation
- Prepping and loading data into the Salesforce system, using various data loading software
- Creating project documentation in preparation for, during, and following client meetings
- Participating and collaborating in key meetings with clients
- Communicating in a clear and timely manner with team members
- Utilizing applicable business knowledge to support client needs
- Providing leadership to support the Torrent business as well as other Torrent guides
- Utilizing Torrent’s project management practices throughout the life-cycle of the project
- Identifying, managing and escalating project risks and issues appropriately
Key Experience and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Basic configuration, project documentation experience
- Salesforce certification(s) preferred:
- Salesforce Administrator
- Platform App Builder
- Platform Developer I
- One of the following:
- Sales Cloud Consultant
- Service Cloud Consultant
- Health Cloud Accreditation
- Ability to utilize best practices in project work
- Superior organizational skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to deliver your message to varied audiences
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- High level of comfort with a fast-paced work environment and ability to adapt to changes in processes or company culture
Job Type: Full-Time Exempt
Job Function: Information Technology
Locations: Ann Arbor, MI – Kansas City, MO – Charlotte, NC – Arlington, VA – Antigua, Guatemala