Why Work at Torrent?
At Torrent, we believe in loving and serving through business, and that starts with our people — so we’ve built a culture where they come first. Where we don’t expect anyone to draw a hard line between who they are at work and who they are at home. Where we encourage everyone to be their true, authentic selves.
Working in one of our five energizing hubs means you’ll be part of a close-knit team that genuinely cares about your well-being and success. Here, you’ll find flexibility, openness and support. You’ll feel the value of face-to-face conversations (even if that means video chatting from 3,000 miles away). You’ll get help from other talented problem solvers to arrive at the right solution. And you’ll even have the chance to work with our well-being coach to discover and develop your own personal “why.”
As a group of impact-driven business leaders, we’re passionate about creating positive change within the lives of our customers and communities — and we know that starts with empowering our own team to thrive.
As a Talent Recruiter, you will be responsible for sourcing and interacting with potential candidates, developing talent pipelines, conducting initial candidate screenings, setting up interviews, communicating with the candidates throughout the interview process, and negotiating offers to bring candidates onboard. In addition, you will enter candidate information into a database (ATS) and verbally communicate important information to our hiring managers and interviewers to ensure our process allows us to find strong team members to contribute to Torrent’s success.
- Coordinating with Talent Acquisition Manager to determine position requirements
- Posting open jobs on LinkedIn and other job posting boards
- Identifying qualified candidate profiles using various online sourcing techniques (e.g. Boolean search)
- Interacting with potential candidates on social media and professional networks (e.g. LinkedIn, CareerBuilder, etc.)
- Presenting our company and open roles to potential candidates effectively
- Determining each candidate’s appetite for interviewing vs. being nurtured as well as their timeline and job interests
- Serving as the main point of contact for candidates by completing screening interviews, additional interview setup, interview follow-ups, final decisions communication, offer presentation and salary negotiations
- Seeking to understand major drivers, concerns, and red/yellow flags for each candidate and communicating these to hiring managers and interviewers
- Making recommendations on and working through offer details with hiring managers
- Maintaining our Applicant Tracking System with daily updates
- Developing talent pipelines for current and future hiring needs
- Providing updates on job opening and candidate status on recruiting meetings
- Requesting referrals from current employees and external networks
- Communicating with past applicants regarding new job opportunities
- Assisting with planning of candidate recruitment events, such as online recruiting workshops, recruiting fairs, in-office events, etc.
- Assisting with providing training and support to those Torrent Guides (TGs) participating in the interview process
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Understanding of urgency
- Agency or Corporate recruiting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to act with integrity and professionalism
- Effective time-management abilities
- Hands-on experience with sourcing techniques (e.g. recruiting on social platforms and crafting Boolean search strings)
- Ability to conduct online and offline interviews
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Bilingual Preferred – Spanish
Education and Experience:
- Four-year college degree in human resources, business administration or similar relevant field preferred
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one work site to another
- Job Type: Full-Time Exempt
- Job Function: People & Operations
- Locations: Ann Arbor, Michigan; Kansas City, Missouri; Charlotte, North Carolina; Arlington, Virginia; Remote