Why Work at Torrent?
At Torrent, we believe in loving and serving through business, and that starts with our people — so we’ve built a culture where they come first. Where we don’t expect anyone to draw a hard line between who they are at work and who they are at home. Where we encourage everyone to be their true, authentic selves.
Working in one of our five energizing hubs means you’ll be part of a close-knit team that genuinely cares about your well-being and success. Here, you’ll find flexibility, openness and support. You’ll feel the value of face-to-face conversations (even if that means video chatting from 3,000 miles away). You’ll get help from other talented problem solvers to arrive at the right solution. And you’ll even have the chance to work with our well-being coach to discover and develop your own personal “why.”
As a group of impact-driven business leaders, we’re passionate about creating positive change within the lives of our customers and communities — and we know that starts with empowering our own team to thrive.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work across the company to determine gaps and help build on our current growth and development framework. As the Growth & Development Manager you will help create content and determine best practices for aligning growth and development of our employees across the company. As part of our G&D framework we support our impact-driven leaders that want to have an impact in their local communities. This person will join our People team and help the People Director execute on the social impact strategy for Torrent as well.
Growth & Development Strategist
- Gap Analysis – Determine G&D gaps by regular syncs with functional team leaders
- Assessment – Measure effectiveness of G&D opportunities by using data insights & adapt learning methods, materials or technology
- Path training – Create strategy to deliver growth & development in timely manner for promotion needs
Growth & Development Coordinator
- Content creation & standardization
- Scheduling – Coordinating the scheduling of opportunities
- G&D tracking – Help determine best practices for tracking the growth of individuals and teams
Social Impact Coordinator
- Onboarding of Apprentices
- Partner relationships – Build bridges with our community partners
- Coordinate social impact opportunities with all five hubs
- Coaching development – Coordinate monthly coaching development sessions
- Coaching process & forms – Keep coaching structure & documentation up to date
- Assessment – Connect with all coaches individually twice a year for a pulse
5 + years working within employee growth & development
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding of and experience working with different learning theories
Four year college degree
Ann Arbor, MI – Charlotte, NC