Why Work at Torrent?
At Torrent, we believe in loving and serving through business, and that starts with our people — so we’ve built a culture where they come first. Where we don’t expect anyone to draw a hard line between who they are at work and who they are at home. Where we encourage everyone to be their true, authentic selves.
Working in one of our five energizing hubs means you’ll be part of a close-knit team that genuinely cares about your well-being and success. Here, you’ll find flexibility, openness and support. You’ll feel the value of face-to-face conversations (even if that means video chatting from 3,000 miles away). You’ll get help from other talented problem solvers to arrive at the right solution. And you’ll even have the chance to work with our well-being coach to discover and develop your own personal “why.”
As a group of impact-driven business leaders, we’re passionate about creating positive change within the lives of our customers and communities — and we know that starts with empowering our own team to thrive.
As a People-First Culture, we have designated a position to ensure our people are cared for through meaningful relationships, authentic recognition, organized experiences and clear communication. Our Culture & Engagement team is made up of individuals who each contribute significantly to Torrent’s inclusion practice and sense of belonging and connection to our company vision. Clear communication and collaboration across the team is critical to the success of this team.
- Lead & execute the planning of company events (monthly, quarterly and annual)
- Manage company swag inventory and internal orders
- Assist with company communication that may include but not limited to: Daily Stand Up hosting, special internal events, announcement communications, etc.
- Execute responsibilities associated with New Hire and Offboarding projects
- Facilitate and coordinate culture experiences; employee milestones and recognition, hub-level meetings, etc.
- Know and support Torrent Guides in your hub(s) (ie. individual and personal connections, help alleviate concerns involving their experience, etc.)
- Support and at times lead Company Culture Champion volunteer group.
- Support and lead CLT and DC Hubs; open office daily, run daily office needs (DC
included), coordinate and communicate office care procedures and special hub-level projects.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Superior organizational skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to deliver your message.
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- High comfort level with a fast-paced work environment and ability to adapt to changes in processes or company culture.
- Ability to learn new computer applications quickly.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or higher
- 2+ year of relevant work experience preferred
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one work site to another.
- Job Type: Full-Time Exempt
- Job Function: Culture & Experience Coordinator
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina