Why Work at Torrent?
At Torrent, we believe in loving and serving through business, and that starts with our people — so we’ve built a culture where they come first. Where we don’t expect anyone to draw a hard line between who they are at work and who they are at home. Where we encourage everyone to be their true, authentic selves.
Working in one of our five energizing hubs means you’ll be part of a close-knit team that genuinely cares about your well-being and success. Here, you’ll find flexibility, openness and support. You’ll feel the value of face-to-face conversations (even if that means video chatting from 3,000 miles away). You’ll get help from other talented problem solvers to arrive at the right solution. And you’ll even have the chance to work with our well-being coach to discover and develop your own personal “why.”
As a group of impact-driven business leaders, we’re passionate about creating positive change within the lives of our customers and communities — and we know that starts with empowering our own team to thrive.
As the Content Writer at Torrent Consulting, your ability to understand strategic objectives and simplify complexities will help translate stakeholder objectives and audience pain points into concise and effective marketing materials. You will leverage your innate curiosity and passion to communicate and you will create effective, results-driven messaging that elevates our brand and tells the Torrent story.
In close collaboration with the Marketing & Creative Director, you will develop a content strategy that attracts top talent, elevates our people-first culture, and deepens our partner relationships. Working alongside the Marketing & Creative team members, your work will elevate various forms of content, including social media, website, video, and email marketing collateral.
- Ensure content reflects the tone, style, and branding message of Torrent
- Participate in the strategic development and execution of content marketing initiatives that drive traffic, engagement, and lead to a positive customer experience
- Edit, proofread and improve other writers’ content
- Create and publish engaging content, not to be limited to website content, email copy, video scripts, Sales enablement, and webinar content
- Schedule content and monitor engagement of company social media accounts
- Articulate content strategy to internal stakeholders for campaign execution
- Assist with ongoing content calendar and repository
- Work closely with Senior Leaders on ghost writing thought leadership pieces
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Problem solver
- Strategic thinker
- Able to grasp complex concepts and make them understandable
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Able to think creatively with experience in devising content that engages, informs, and motivates audiences
- High comfort level with a fast-paced work environment and ability to adapt to changes
- Excellent overall writing skills with exceptional spelling and grammar required
- Superior organizational skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects is essential
- Strong attention to detail required
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with SEO strategies and keyword placement preferred
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or Journalism preferred
- Minimum of 3 years professional-level experience in a business-centric content development role, including skills and background in social media communications
- Experience working with Content Management Systems required
- Experience with B2B thought leadership writing preferred but not required
- Experience with digital marketing automation platforms such as Pardot, HubSpot, or Marketo preferred but not required
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or finger
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one work site to another
What We Offer:
- Extensive Health Insurance options – including Vision and Dental
- Unlimited PTO – Balance what you do with how you want to live
- Unbeatable company culture
- Amazing growth opportunities
Job Type: Full-Time Exempt
Job Function: Information Technology
Locations: Ann Arbor, Michigan; Kansas City, Missouri; Charlotte, North Carolina; Arlington, Virginia; Antigua, Guatemala