United Way of Washtenaw County serves thousands of people through more than 80 local programs. One program, Free Tax Help, provides free tax preparation assistance to low- to moderate-income families and individuals. When the program’s participation dipped, United Way set out to optimize the way its squad of volunteers used Salesforce Sales Cloud to manage contacts, information and scheduling.
- Quick changes to requests and statuses were difficult to reflect, causing customers to miss appointments and making it hard to schedule volunteers
- Manual management of ever-shifting information in Salesforce was draining resources and slowing the number of people the program could help before tax day on April 15th
United Way brought on Torrent to help. Together, they:
- Uncovered inefficiencies in tax program processes
- Strengthened schedule reporting
- Built one-step solutions for rescheduling and reassigning appointments
Torrent Consulting has made a tremendous impact on our program.
Financial Empowerment Coach
United Way of Washtenaw County
Because of better scheduling and program management through Salesforce, United Way of Washtenaw County achieved:
7% appointment "no-show" rate, a record low for the program
30% increase in the number of completed tax returns over prior year
3 weeks ahead of schedule in reaching tax season goals